Dryer Vent Check
There are a number of reasons your dryer may not be working properly. One of the most common problems is the dryer vent. A clogged dryer vent can cause numerous problems, not to mention increased operating costs and wear and tear. The good news is, it’s relatively inexpensive to correct this problem. Most of the time, the increased energy savings more than pays for the professional cleaning of your dryer vent. Before you call a repair man, try troubleshooting your dryer with the following checklist:
- Does your dryer take longer than 50-55 minutes to dry a load of clothes?
- Does your dryer get very warm or hot to the touch during a drying cycle?
- Do you have lint build up on your dryer door?
- Is there no visible lint on the lint screen after a drying cycle?
- Do clothes have a musty smell after a drying cycle?
- Is there excess lint left on your clothing?
- Does your dryer repeatedly stop during a cycle?